Munich is the capital city of Bavaria and Germany’s most populous city. It has something for everyone, beer halls, neo-gothic buildings, WWII concentration camp sites , museums and even an eye catching football stadium for the football fanatics.
About Munich :
- Wikipedia entry about Munich.
- Munich : An entry from encyclopedia Britannica about the history , geography. A good short introduction to Munich.
- Official website of Munich city. Click on traffic to know how to get around and ways to explore the city.
Things to Do :
- Attractions in Munich : The link lists all the major attractions. The city center, Marienplatz is highly recommended. A good way to watch the crowd and see the square is in the relaxed environs of the first floor of Cafe Rischart, which overlooks the square.
- A shorter list of attractions in Munich.
- Things to do with family.
Restaurants/Beer Halls/Street Food:
- First up, detailed Wikipedia entry of Bavarian Cuisine. Information about the cuisine in Munich, and notes on Bavarian cuisine from the web page of the Bavarian state.
- A short article on the best beer halls in Munich.
- German Sausages. Its good to know about the various kind of sausages. The page is in German.
- Street food in Munich.
Blogs to read:
Below are some of the blogs that I found interesting, and contains more information of the sights and restaurants in Munich.
This page pretty much gives all information about Munich to draw up a rough plan. Hope you find the information useful , and in case you feel I have missed out something, do let me know.